The Australian Windmill Contractors Association (Queensland) exists to promote the following objectives:
- to promote the use of windmills as a means of water transfer;
- to develop and foster training programs within the industry, to enable essential skills to be passed on and thereby enable the ongoing viability of windmills as a rural water pumping system;
- to set and accredit appropriate standards of workmanship;
- to establish, and work by, a Code of Practice for the trade;
- to foster safe working practices;
- to promote public awareness of safety requirements whilst engaged in work on windmills;
- to represent the windmill contracting industry; and
- to assist contractors in building better businesses.
The AWCA(Q) shares these objectives with similar Associations in the various states with whom it holds regular discussions.